Are you interested in Canadian politics? Would you enjoy working side by side with Members of Parliament? How about earning $12,000 for this incredible experience? Every year the University of Ottawa welcomes most of the 40 House of Commons Pages to our campus. During their first year of university studies, the brightest and best students from across Canada are chosen to work in the House of Commons and must study at one of the universities in the National Capital Region. Most choose uOttawa for the following reasons:
- high quality of education
- exceptional scholarship and bursary program
- its unique immersion program
- the proximity to Parliament Hill
Pages are the people who collect and distribute official documents, link Members to their Hill offices, serve House Officials and act as liaisons for the Speaker, Chair Occupant, MPs and Table Officers. They also make great guest speakers at high schools, sharing their experiences with a variety of groups.
To be a part of this exciting program, you must be bilingual, maintain an average of 80% and be studying in the faculties of Arts, Social Sciences, Health Sciences or in the Telfer School of Management. Interested?
For more information:
- visit the House of Commons Page Program web site
- speak with your guidance counsellor
- contact Jessica Chauhan, Prospective Student Advisor at the Liaison Office, liaison@uOttawa.ca, 1 877-UOTTAWA (868-8292) # 1000, Ottawa region: 613-562-5800 ext. 1000